Friday, January 29, 2010

Take some "me" time!

One thing that i really need to do more is take some "me" time. I'm sure that most of you out there would agree that time alone is something that is very rare for a mom. Once in a great while if it's been a impossible day i ask the hubster if i can disappear for a while. I usually sneak upstairs for a nice hot bubble bath in my wonderful jetted tub. I light a few candles and immerse myself in the watery goodness. I love the jets because it usually drowns out the wrestling matches that are going on one floor down.

I dream of one day mounting one of these puppies above my tub. I know a bit excessive you may think but i think it would be so cool to lay back in the tub, turn the jets on high and watch HGTV in peace.
Anyway what i am trying to get at is that us mom's should really take the time to get away once in a while, even if it is only behind your closed and locked bathroom door. I bet your husband or significant other would be more willing than you think to wrangle the kids alone for 30 min or so. It's really a wonder what a nice soak can do for your spirits. I have a sign hanging in my bathroom that i love, it says - A Good Hot Soak - What is good for the body is good for the soul. I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers