Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trying to channel my inner Martha

I have really been wanting to channel my inner Martha Stewart lately. I thought i would start small. We are redoing boy #1's bedroom into a outdoors theme and i have been having a hard time finding cute decor for a good price. I found a few things while on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby and thought i would give it a whirl.


I started with a simple wood frame, some camo scrapbook paper, a wood bear cutout and some modge podge. I cut the paper to size and modge podged away.... while the frame was drying i painted the little bear. When it was dry i sanded the edges a little.

Here is the finished product. Not to shabby for $2.50. Like i said this was like a 10 min project but once again i am starting simple and have bigger projects floating around in my head, for example, scroll down......

One of my favorite blogs that i have been engrossed with lately is All Things Thrifty. They have some amazing ideas and some awesome projects that they have done, it's really got my creative juices flowing. I have big plans to go rummage through my local Good Will and see what i find. This project below is so fun.... this is the before

And after, oh how pretty!

This one is my fav. She was lucky enough to have this beautiful piece given to her and with just a good idea, some glaze and paint it went from this.....

To this.....ahhhhhh i love it! I have dreams of creating a beautiful piece like this and i will be sure to give you all the play by play when that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers