Monday, April 12, 2010

Making Frosting

Yesterday afternoon i did part of my homework for my cake decorating class. I made my 3 batches of frosting that are all varying consistency's. One stiff for roses and such, one medium for boarders and one thin for frosting the cake and for writing on the cake.
I only made a slight mess in the process.....

giving my mixer a work-out

Ooops!

Homework done!

Now for a extra special treat for you all........A super special secrete(OK not really secret) recipe....

Buttercream Frosting Recipe


1c. solid white vegetable shortening (packed)
1/2 tsp. vanilla Wilton flavoring
1/4 tsp. butter Wilton flavoring
1/4 tsp. almond Wilton flavoring
2 Tbs. Water
1 lb. powered sugar (app. 4 cups)
1 Tbs. Wilton meringue powder
A pinch of salt
Cream shortening, flavoring and water. Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed. Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy.
Add water by the Tbs. to achieve desired consistency.

I got most of this information from the Wilton Course 1 student manual. I hope it's not illegal to post it on the Internet but it's a yummy recipe so i wanted to share....


-Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers