I saw this cute project made over at Made by Nicole. It was so cute that i just knew that i had to make it. It is a really easy project and perfect for the kiddo's to help out on.
First i got all the supplies:
- Paper Towels (I used a combo of 2ply Bounty and Viva paper towels)
- Food Coloring
- Little spray bottles (in the travel size items at Wally's)
- Foam wreath (If you sign up to get Michael's e-mails they will e-mail you a 40 or 50% off coupon right away)
- Burlap to wrap your wreath and use with flowers(i got mine at Wally's)
- Newspaper to protect your table or counter while you are happily spraying.
I put at least 6 drops, sometimes more, food coloring in each squirt bottle mixed with a little water to make it dark enough to see when you squirt it out.
Lay your newspapers out and start being creative.....
See how much fun i was having...
When you are all done and your paper towels are dry fold them in 4's and then trace circles using the top of a mug or glass. Then cut the circles out, you should get 4 circles out of 1 paper towel.
From here on out you can get as creative as you want. You can mix and match different colored circles or keep all the same colors together. I would staple at least 4 together, you could do more or less depending on if you are adding fabric or burlap circles to the mix.
After you have them stapled together decide what side you want to be the front of the flower and put a dab of hot glue in the center and then give the back a little pinch like this....
I experimented a little and made a couple different flower shapes, i just pinched and folded them into shapes i thought looked like flowers and then stapled and hot glued my heart away, it was actually quite fun:)
Then EMBELLISH and glue to your burlap wrapped wreath...
And the finished product. Do they look like a bunch of Paper Towels to you???Now go make one, you know you want to....