I have a lot of great recipes that i have collected over the years and i thought i would start sharing one a week with you. Most of them are extremely simple, i am no chef. I like quick and easy and delicious is a requirement as well.
Tasty Tuesday may be a little dessert heavy. My cook book is about 25% dinners and 75% desserts. Oops, yes i enjoy baking a bit more than cooking but i am working on evening out the cook book, one recipe at a time.
Some of these recipes i have gathered from my childhood, some are from family members and others are Internet finds. Hopefully you try a few and fall in love with at least one!
The first Tasty Tuesday recipe comes from my Mother in law, who is a great cook by the way......
What you need:
1/4 C. Chopped Onions
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 10oz can of enchilada sauce
2Tbs. chopped green chili (fresh or canned)
1/2 C. milk
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown your meat and your onions together in large skillet. Drain once browned and return to the skillet.
2. Add to your meat the following....1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 10oz can enchilada sauce, 2 Tbs. chopped green chili and 1/2 c. milk.
3. Let simmer for 20 min.
4. Fill 6-8 flour tortillas with shredded cheese, roll up and place seam side down in the skillet on top of your meat mixture.
5. I usually scoop some of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas just to aid in the cheese melting process.
6. Cover and turn heat up just a smidgen so that the cheese will melt faster, usually only takes 5-10 min.
7. Dish it up and enjoy. These pictures were taken with my old camera so they are not the best. Trust me these taste much better than they look.
Thanks Charlotte for the yummy recipe!