Today i am going to share our favorite breakfast recipe. The credit for this one goes to the hubster. He is the breakfast maker in this house. I am NOT a morning person and he knows this very well so he wholeheartedly took on the role of breakfast maker long ago, bless his little heart!We like french toast and we like strawberry waffles so one morning we decided to mix them together a bit and waalaaa, delish!
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt& cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet, or griddle.
- When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- If the butter smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter for 30 seconds on each side.
- Let some of the batter drip off, then put in skillet.
- Cook each slice 1 1/2-2 minutes per side until each side is golden brown.
- Add more butter, if necessary, to cook all of the slices.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter & hot syrup
1 Pint of Strawberries
1/4 Teaspoon Lemon (optional)
Take tops off strawberries and cut into quarters.
In food processor or blender, process strawberries
Stir in sugar and lemon, cook over low hear until sugar is dissolved.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Strain out seeds
put in the fridge to cool a little while you make the french toast or waffles.
When you take it out of the fridge you will want to skim the film that has developed off the top.
Hope you enjoy! It's great for a fun week night dinner too!