Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss



A friend of mine(thanks Stacee) told me that March 2nd is Dr.Seuss's Birthday, i looked it up and by golly he is 106 today. My best friend Nicole's birthday is also today, did you know that you share Dr. Seuss's b-day Nicole?
Any who i thought today i need to pay tribute to the man and the books we all love so much. Over at Skip To My Lou, she made the cutest pencil toppers themed after Thing 1 and Thing 2 in Cat and the Hat?

How fun are these? We are going to try to make some after school today, heavens knows we have enough pencil's laying around. Is it just me or do your kids get a million pencil's at every holiday from various people?
See how to make them over at Skip To My Lou


My all time favorite Dr. Seuss book is Oh, The Places You'll Go! I get choked up every time i read it to the boy. It just has so many great life lessons in it. We will be reading it today for sure.
 
Celebrate today by reading. It's really one of the most important things you can do with your kids. And if you don't own a Dr. Seuss book make today the day that you start that library. 


-Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers