I had been looking for the perfect shamrock to hang outside my front door. Well i got tired of looking and decided to make one last weekend.
First i found a picture of a shamrock on the Internet, one that looked the closest to what the one in my head looked like, that can be tough sometimes.
Second i blew it up on my laptop and traced it, moved it around a bit on the screen, lined it up, traced some more. I'm certain this wasn't the easiest way to do it but i usually don't do things the easy way. Then i cut the pattern out.
I ended up with a pattern for half a shamrock and that was fine because i wanted it to be 2 halves.
I had my awesome, amazing, wonderful hubster cut the one side out for me and then flip the pattern over and cut the other side as well. He also cut me some little wood blocks for a spring project i will be doing soon. Isn't he the greatest. If i had to cut my own wood for my projects i would be out of business soon because i am sure that i would cut one of my fingers off.
Anywho, then i sanded the wood, painted, stained and sanded a little more, wired it together, added some ribbon and WWWWAAA LAAAAA....not bad for a rookie like me...
Moral of the story...if you can't find it in the store, don't give up!!
Whatever goes Wed at Someday Crafts