Anyway here is my soap making tutorial....I googled soap making, since i google just about everything and i got some ideas here and there and came up with this idea.
Here is what you will need:
- Glycerin soap ( i noticed when i got home that i had got Olive Oil but it worked just fine)
- Soap Molds
- Soap coloring
- Measuring cup
- Craft foam
- Spray bottle w/rubbing alcohol
I got just about all of these things at Michael's Craft store. If you have a coupon you can get the soap for 40 or 50% off. I of course could not wait until i got the Sunday coupons but hey that's my too bad. I will be going back with a coupon for more soap soon though.
1. Put your soap in the measuring cup and melt it in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds or until all liquid.
2. Add in the coloring and stir. I used one drop of red for this light pink color.
3. Fill mold about half way full, set reserved soap to the side.
4. If you see any air bubbles give the top of the liquid a spritz of the alcohol, it will get rid of those pesky bubbles.
5. Wait, this is the hardest part for me, i have the patients of a 3 yr old, no really! Wait about 10 minutes until the first layer is good and solid. While you are waiting cut your heart out of foam, or whatever shape you want. I used a cookie cutter as a guide to cut mine.
6. When the 10 min is up you will need to remelt your reserve soap, about 15 sec in the microwave is all it takes. When you take it out of the microwave there will be a film on the top that you will have to take out with your spoon and throw down the drain.
7. Spritz the hardened layer of soap with the alcohol again so that the second layer stays attached to the first layer.
8. Pour a little bit of soap onto hardened layer and then attach your heart you so lovingly cut out earlier. Now smooch it down, the drop of hot soap acts as a glue so the foam shape sticks.
9. Pour the rest of your liquid soap on top of the foam shape.
10. Again if you see any air bubbles give it a quick spritz of the alcohol.
11. Wait again. I would wait a good 24hrs to take it out of the mold.
Boy #1 thought it was so cool. He is very into Batman right now so i found a Batman template on the web and he helped me make his very own bar the next day. He loves it and washed his hands for like 10 minutes, awesome huh, especially during cold and flu season.