Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl Snacks

Is everyone ready for the big game on Sunday?? Well i honestly can't tell you who is playing but i can tell you what we will be snacking on! I actually do look forward to Super Bowl Sunday because i love the commercials. I do not however watch even one second of the game, i despise football with a passion. I hope and pray that my boys are involved in any and all sports aside from football. I find it a total snooze fest but hey I'm a girl and a girly girl at that. I commend you women that can sit back and watch the big game with the hub and actually know why he is yelling at the t.v but i am not that gal, nope, not at all.
So today i am going to share with you a couple of my favorite appetizer and sweet treats recipes:


Chex Mix (the gooey kind)
1 1/2 c. Karo syrup
1 c. Sugar
1 1/2 cubes of butter
Bring above ingredients to a boil, boil for 2 min.
Then turn off heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla.
Pour over :
1 box Rice Chex
1 box Golden Grahams
Optional add in's
- Almonds
-pretzels
-coconut
Stir and enjoy!






Avocado Dip

Peel 3 small or 1 lg and 1 small Avocado's
Mash up with fork or use food processor.
Add in
1/2 c. taco sauce
3 shakes of garlic salt
1Tb. lemon juice
Stir and enjoy.

We usually have Sub sandwiches or pizza for our meal and then just snack on chips, dips and something sweet as we watch the game, or the commercials in my case.

Happy Football/Commercial Watching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers